The typical end-user downloading RegLookup for use on a UNIX/Linux platform should download the "src" package and be aware of the following dependencies:
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)
- SCons (A Make replacement, commonly available in popular distributions as the "scons" package or from http://www.scons.org/)
- talloc 2.x (under Debian, "libtalloc2" and "libtalloc-dev")
- Python 2 (2.6+) or Python 3 (Python is required for SCons anyway)
- Doxygen (optional, only needed to build developer documentation)
Users on Windows platforms have no build dependencies, but will need to install Python in order to install and use the pyregfi library.
We envision that RegLookup will be distributed in the form of the following packages, all built from the source package:
- reglookup: command line binaries, man pages
- libregfi: shared C libary
- libregfi-dev(el): header files, static libraries(?)
- python-pyregfi: Python wrappers for libregfi
- reglookup-doc: developer documentation for both libregfi and pyregfi
The build dependencies to support this will include all items listed in the Users section above. For each of the derived packages, the run-time dependencies will likely be:
- libtalloc (version 2)
- libtalloc-dev (version 2)
- python (version 2.6+ or 3 (3.1 and 3.2 tested))
- (some kind of browser/HTML viewer)
Content on this page, unless otherwise indicated, is © 2002-2015 Sentinel Chicken Networks.
Reproduction is authorized under our terms.